If you’re planning a first date with a Taurus man, I’m going to share the very best style and fashion tips with you so that you can pick the perfect outfit to match his astrological sign.
What to wear on a first date with a Taurus Man?
The best outfit to wear on a first date with a Taurus man is a high-quality, semi-casual outfit that feels nice to touch. Pair your clothes with flats or sandals. Wear one or two pieces of high-quality jewelry and very little makeup. Taurus men value authenticity and practicality.
|Name||Price $-$$$||Visit Store|
|Ali Express||$-$$||Visit Clothing Store|
|RoseWe||$-$$$||Visit Clothing Store|
|Amazon||$-$$||Visit Clothing Store|
It’s important to make a good impression with a Taurus man from the start. In this blog post, you’ll find the best tips for what to wear on a first date with a Taurus man in every situation—from a casual dinner to a fancy night on the town.
By the end of the date, he’s sure to find you irresistible.
(Note: I drop some final tips all the way at the end of the article, so be sure to read all the way through so you don’t miss those!)
What Clothes Do Taurus Men Like? (6 Good Answers)
Men born under the Taurus astrological sign are practical, reliable, and disciplined. Connected to the earth, the way your clothes feel is very important. Taurus men are also a bit of a fashion contradiction, as they prefer clothing that matches their conservative yet hedonistic tastes.
Here’s a list of the types of clothing that attract Taurus Men:
- High quality
- Tactile (nice to touch)
Keep these values in mind when you choose your first date outfit with your Taurus man. You will impress him if you wear something authentic to your personality, practical for the occasion, and high quality.
What To Wear on a First Date With a Taurus Man for Every Occasion
Ok, it’s time that we get specific about what outfits to wear on your first date with a Taurus man.
Since practicality is important, you want to choose the outfit that best fits the weather, location, and activity. If you show up to mini-golf in Iowa in an LA club outfit, he’ll probably think you are sexy but a bit insane. 🙂
That’s why I categorized your first date outfit options by formality (casual, semi-causal, dressy) and activity (outdoors, dance, romantic).
You may want to save or bookmark this page so that you can come back to it for your future dates.
Tauruses love a good time, so expect the first date to be fun, creative, and semi-casual. Your best bet is to wear something simple but sophisticated that meets all the criteria we discussed earlier about quality, comfort, and touch.
- Top: Long sleeve cardigan over a dark shirt or blouse
- Bottom: Liverpool legging jeans or shorts
- Shoes: Pointed toe flat
- Alternative: Button-down tunic dress with boots or wedges
Taurus men are very romantic, so they’ll love an outfit that shows your softer side.
Matching the Taurus man in style is not always easy. Think about wearing something elegant but charming such as a long dress with lace and pearl earrings to show off your more feminine traits.
- Top: Short formal dress
- Bottom: Short formal dress
- Shoes: Ankle strap flat sandals
- Alternative: Deep V neck ruffle mini dress
Just a quick point: I chose the “ruffled” mini dress because not only is it super cute, but it’s also fun to touch. Taurus men enjoy textures so why not wear something appealingly touchable.
Taurus men will appreciate you making an effort to dress up for them by choosing formal outfits such as skirts or dresses.
Choose one with great features. Tauruses love unique designs.
- Top: Jewel neck sheath dress
- Bottom: Jewel neck sheath dress
- Shoes: Low heel dress pumps
- Alternative: Twist neck halter jumpsuit with heels.
Tauruses love to dance. You can show them how good your moves are by wearing an outfit that makes it easy for you to gyrate around the dance floor.
- Top: Mini cocktail dress
- Bottom: Mini cocktail dress
- Shoes: Anklestrap chunky heels
- Alternative: Cami Crop Top, skirt, and over the knee leather boots
Taurus men are known for their rhythm and penchant for pleasure. A night of dancing is sure to bring out their inner wild-child, especially when admiring the way your outfit hugs your curves.
Casual Date Outfit
Taurus men appreciate quality AND comfort, so try dressing down for a more casual date. Rock nice jeans and a blouse. Don’t forget to wear some comfy shoes!
- Top: Long sleeve off shoulder blouse
- Bottom: Frayed and distressed midrise jeans or shorts
- Shoes: Open toe wedges
- Alternative: Sleeveless tank mini dress (borderline semi-casual but might fit some casual situations)
When you show up in your casual outfit, you show him that you’re easygoing. Taurus men, like most men, feel attracted to women who make them feel comfortable and at peace.
Tauruses will be impressed if you wear a practical yet stylish outfit for an active date—like an outing to the zoo.
- Top: Open back tank top
- Bottom: Running shorts or leggings
- Shoes: Cloudfoam running shoes
- Alternative: Crewneck pullover with long pants tracksuit
What Colors Attract a Taurus Man? (2 Best Colors)
According to their sign, Taurus men like shades of green and pink because they represent the earth, growth, and fortune.
Taurus men enjoy working with their hands, money, and nature.
When choosing your date-appropriate outfit from the options in this article, trend toward greens and pinks to subconsciously connect with his inner astrological sign. You’ll likely notice an almost magnetic pull in your direction, especially if you combine his colors with something soft and textured to touch.
If green and pink do not look good on you, consider adding a splash of these colors with accessories. You can wear earrings, a necklace, a wrist clasp, or a ring that sparkles with his colors.
Avoid yellows and red because they symbolize instability and dominance, which may turn off a Taurus man.
What Makeup To Wear on a First Date With a Taurus Man?
When it comes to dating a Taurus man, the choice of makeup is very important.
You need style advice that suits your own unique personality. At the same time, Taurus men tend to prefer women in natural makeup colors that reflect their own skin tones and features as opposed to wearing cosmetics that artificially change their appearance.
Therefore, I suggest that you wear little to no makeup on your first date with a Taurus man.
Yes, you can put on some makeup, just don’t go overboard. Taurus men prioritize authenticity and the natural look more than layers of makeup.
What Jewelry To Wear on a First Date With a Taurus Man?
Just like with makeup, less is more when it comes to jewelry.
A Taurus man is much more likely to compliment you on a single, well-chosen bracelet than on a jungle of flashy necklaces. Aim for one or maybe two pieces of jewelry that fit the occasion.
Here are a few suggestions for jewelry:
- Kate Spade stud earrings
- Multicolored cultured pearl and multi-stone Torsade necklace
- Leather wrap boho cuff bracelet
Remember to work greens and pinks into your accessories that also go along with your overall outfit and date night activities.
5 Things NOT To Wear on a First Date With a Taurus Man
If you’re going on a first date with a Taurus man, here are five things that you should never wear. These tips will help keep your Taurus man interested and wanting to see you again.
- Stay away from outfits that show too much skin—Taurus men prefer modesty and conservative styles. You will impress and attract a Taurus man more weith subtle notes of sexuality than overtly showing off your body. Of course, this depends on the weather, location, and activity of the date (and the individual guy). If you are going to a beach in Florida, for example, ignore this suggestion.
- Avoid wearing overly flashy clothing or anything too bright or shiny—Tauruses feel uncomfortable with an abundance of bright flashing lights (think disco ball).
- Avoid bright colors (especially bright reds and yellows)—Loud colors distract and irriate a Taurus man. Tauruses usually love earthy tones more than anything else.
- Avoid low-quality clothes—Taurus men value high-quality in every area of their lives, including clothing.
- Stay away from synthetic fabrics—Taurus men also value authenticity. The more authentic and natural (while also being practical), the better.
Here’s a quick video on what else to do to attract a Taurus Man:
Final Thoughts: What To Wear on a First Date With a Taurus Man
If you want to make a great impression on a Taurus man, remember these style and outfit tips.
By the way, if the weather is cold, you can always throw on a jacket, sweater, or hoodie. Depending on the vibe you want to portray (and the setting), any of these options can help keep you warm but also stylish.
As for your hair, Taurus men like hair with texture or that they can run their fingers through, so style yours curly or long.
For even more outfit recommendations, here’s what to read next:
- What To Wear on a First Date at His House (Best Outfits)
- What To Wear on a Date to a Brewery (24 Real Examples)
- What To Wear on a Date to the Zoo (Solved w/ Photos)